Saturday 24 September 2011

Loving where you are!

Taken on my iPhone with a slightly wonky horizon and everything, Sian will be mad :)

This is where i live right now! I am not posting this blog to show off (or be a bit preachy) but to make you think. Living somewhere means working, deadlines, food shopping, cooking, driving through traffic, putting up with people that you don't want to and so on. With all of this going on on a day to day basis it can be easy to forget where you are. The beautiful places that people may come from miles around to see and you see everyday, the reasons why you moved there. I had to laugh i had been stuck in a traffic jam because a yellow bus (also known as reggae busses who's drivers are insane!) had crashed into another car. I was sat in my car huffing and puffing and getting really quite mad and i turned to my left and sore this and i was a bit like "oh yeah thats right this is awesome!"

It used to happen to me when i lived in London to, rushing around from meeting to meeting and i know some of my old colluges must forget where they are from time to time. 

It also makes me think of my sister, she is out in Australia at the moment. She has just moved into a flat and she is working in a pub and i am stupidly proud of her! It makes me wonder if  she ever has the same problem??

So i am putting a challenge out there to my readers (this is me assuming i have some of course ;) this week if your feeling a bit down just stop and have a think about where you are. Take your phone out. Take a photograph. Upload it to somewhere like Facebook or Flickr or something and then post the link onto this blog with a little description of where you are! I would be very interested to see if other people have the same problem and see if we can rectify it.

Thanks for reading and i am looking forward to seeing your photographs :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this post James! :)
    - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori :) when are you going to share some lovely Canadian landscapes with us?

    ReplyDelete